Along with Tamron 18-400mm lens, Tamron now finally announced the new SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 lens today. This lens will be available for Nikon F-mount full frame DSLR cameras. The US price for this lens is $1,199, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo/Adorama, $100 cheaper than Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art lens. This release date for this lens is in August, 2017.
- Standard zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range, and benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- An eBAND coating has been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Separate VC modes are also available to suit various styles of shooting: Mode 1 is a balanced setting for general use, and promotes both a stabilized viewfinder image and stabilized results, while Mode 2 is designed exclusively for panning movements.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 1.25′ away.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.