Tamron has just officially announced the new 70-210mm f/4 Di VC USD lens today. This lens is available for Nikon F-mount full frame DSLR cameras, US price is $799, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama.com.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 105-315mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4 stops or more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor, along with a High-Speed Dual Micro-Processing Unit, delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 3.1′ away with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.1.
- Internal zooming mechanism maintains the overall lens length during use for easier, more intuitive handling and faster performance.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Optional tripod collar is available, which features an Arca-type compatible foot, for more stable use atop a tripod.
- Compatible with optional Tamron teleconverter for extending the effective reach of this lens, and also compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||70–210 mm|
|CIPA Image stabilization rating||4 stop(s)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF, Nikon F (FX)|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||3 low-dispersion elements + fluorine coating|
|Minimum focus||0.95 m (37.4″)|
|Motor type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||859 g (1.89 lb)|
|Diameter||76 mm (2.99″)|
|Length||175 mm (6.89″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (internal)|
|Filter thread||67 mm|