We are now about one week since Nikon announced development of Nikon full frame mirrorless camera. In these days, there are teasers, leaks, rumors about Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras. Here is a roundup rumors of Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras, see the detail below:
Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Price:
- Nikon 45MP full frame mirrorless camera Body: US price: $3,000, UK price £2,400, with 24-70mm lens kit: US price $4,000, UK price £3,000
- Nikon 24MP full frame mirrorless camera Body: US price $2,000, UK price £1,700, with 24-70mm lens kit: US price $3,000, UK price £2,400
Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Specs:
- Two Nikon full-frame mirrorless cameras expected to be announced: one with 24-25MP sensor and one with 45MP sensor.
- BSI sensors (supposed to be new gen/tech with advanced AF).
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras are rumored to target/compete directly with the Sony a7/a7R series full frame mirrorless cameras. Both at price and specs.
- According to latest teaser, the size of Nikon full frame mirrorless camera is a bit bigger than a7 series cameras. But Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras has better ergonomics and a better grip.
- Battery life is said to be worse than current Nikon DSLR cameras. There is a chance that the new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras may use existing DSLR batteries.
- There is only one selection wheel on top of the camera.
- Most likely no built-in flash.
- The promo materials should include dancers/singers.
- The name of Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras: Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7.
- The new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras will have features/functions never introduced beforehand (not sure if this applies to Nikon, to mirrorless cameras, or to the industry in general).
- There is a second LCD screen on the top of the camera.
- The camera’s “prism” with the EVF is a bit less angular/smoother when compared to the Sony a7 series. EVF resolutions: 3.6MP
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- Very good video AF features. Video AF could be different for the two mirrorless models (the cheaper version may have less AF goodies). AF tracking ability of the 45MP version on par or better compared to the current Sony A7 models.
- Over 400 AF points, not sure about the exact number, it should be somewhere between 430-450. The AF is supposed to be very fast.
- The rear LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850.
- 4K video.
- Nikon full frame mirrorless camera dimensions: (Click for Large Size) via: L. Johnson
Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Mount:
- The official teaser video “Mount” for Nikon full frame mirrorless mount.
- The name of mount could be called Nikon Z-mount.
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses – check the NOCT trademark and f/0.9 lens patents
Nikon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Official Announcement Date & Release Date:
- The official announcement for first Nikon full frame mirrorless camera is on August 23rd, 2018
- Nikon UK is doing some press briefings first week of August, with an NDA to be signed on the day.
- Nikon is purchasing advertising in magazines that are supposed to start in mid-August.
- The biggest problem could be that Nikon may not be able to meet demand as production facilities are not yet ramped up after the restructuring (just like the D850)
- Shiping is expected to start in September.