It seems that finally we will soon see Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras. According to NR, Nikon is likely to announce two new Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras at the end of this month, and shipping at the end of August.
Below are rumored specs of Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras:
- Two full frame mirrorless cameras: one is 24-25MP CMOS sensor and one is 45MP CMOS sensor (48MP is also a possibility).
- Similar body size to the recently released Sony a7 III camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip. (To compete with Sony a7 III)
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount, could be rumored Z-mouont.
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses – Nikon has already filed NOCT trademark and f/0.9 lens patents
- Memory cards: XQD card and CF Express card
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- At first, three Nikon full frame mirrorless lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (The 35 and 50mm prime lenses will likely be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 24MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
- The official announcement is rumored for the end of July (on or around July 23rd) and shipping shortly after (August 23rd). Maybe we will see the development announcement at the end of July and the official announcement before Photokina 2018.