Nikon has released its financial results for Q1 2019 for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019. The operating profit in their Imaging division has grown from Q1 last year and Nikon attributes that growth to the following:
- While the DSLR market shrinks significantly due to expansion of ML cameras, the D850 is still highly evaluated even after a year from its launch: exceeding the sales forecast in all regions and the product mix has been improved.
- Decrease in expenses such as marketing purposes, and defer of advertisement expense, resulting in increase of operating profit.
Interestingly enough, while Nikon forecasts an 11.3% reduction in Imaging Products revenue for the fiscal year, it’s projecting an increase in operating profit of ¥2.8 billion yen (approx. $25 million USD) year-over-year.
- Financial Results (PDF:280KB)
- Financial and Business Data (PDF:133KB)
- Presentation Material (PDF:1.46MB)
- Financial Results for the First Quarter of the Year Ending March 31, 2019(PDF:847KB)
- Reference Data (PDF:1.04MB)
- Revision of the Dividend Forecast (PDF:136KB)