Japanese website NewSwitch has interviewed Nikon Executive Officer Gokyu ShinYoshimi. Talking about Nikon’s latest cameras and lenses and upcoming plans. You can take a look at highlights of this interview:
- Nikon’s sales in FY2019 are about 22% lower than the previous year for interchangeable lens cameras and 18% for interchangeable lenses.
- Z6 with Z mount is popular due to cashback effect.
- Raising development speed. Platforming is also an effort to reduce the lead time for launching new products.
- Small telephoto lenses will continue to be important in the future, such as AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens.
- Mainly in China and Asia It ’s also important to create a device that can share a “successful experience” that allows you to take good still images and videos.
- Nikon quality will continue to be maintained and quality and functions will continue to be pursued